Lets Protest and Appeal Those Increases
Hey Laurel Canyon Neighbors! I have built reports that help residents all over Helotes protest their property taxes. The last few years I have offered my help and did several for those in our neighborhood. Since many of y’all have asked again I put together an overall list of homes that have sold in 2020. The first report is a one-line summary of all the homes, while the second report shows more detail.
How to Use the Laurel Canyon Information to Protest:
- You can find your homes square footage and property appraisal on the Bexar County Appraisal District
- On the Laurel Canyon 2020 list, select the properties that are close to your home in square footage.
- Using those selected properties look at the column that says sold/sqft and note that price. Of course, the lower the price per square foot the worse shape it is in, and vise versa.
- Multiple one of the selected sold/sqft by your number of square footage to get as estimate of the value of your home. You can do this for as many properties you want so you can get a range of data.
- Print out the selected PROPERTIES on the DETAILED REPORT that match your home best as proof of value as documentation for your appraisal district protest.
- Be sure to take pictures of everything wrong with your home to upload for your Notice of Protest.
Now you are ready! Visit Bexar County Appraisal District HERE to file your Notice of Protest. Create your Online Portal if you have not done so in past years, and upload the reports and photos you may have taken of your homes condition. Next, wait and see what they say. If you are still not satisfied with your, hopefully reduced, appraisal you will need to Appeal.
Disclaimer: This represents an estimated sale price for this property. It is not the same as the opinion of value in an appraisal developed by a licensed appraiser under the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.Laurel-Canyon-2020
Please let me know of anyone interested in buying, selling or investing in Real Estate. I appreciate any referrals you send my way : ). Visit my Real Estate Website LivePlayTexas.com if you need info on buying/selling or just references for anything on your home. Between designing and building website and real estate I stay very busy, but I always have time for questions if you need me. (210) 823-8088